Respect the rights of shareholders
The Board recognises that the shareholders are the beneficial owners of the Company and respects their rights and is continually seeking ways to assist shareholders in the exercise of those rights. The Board also recognises that as owners of the Company, the shareholders may best contribute to the Company’s growth, value and prosperity if they are informed. To this end the Board seeks to empower shareholders by:
- communicating effectively with shareholders;
- enabling shareholders to have access to balanced and understandable information about the Company, its operations and proposals; and
- assisting shareholders participation in general meetings.
All shareholders are entitled to receive a copy of the Company’s annual and half-yearly reports. In addition, the Company will shortly provide a website in order to provide opportunities for shareholders to access Company announcements, media releases and financial reports through electronic means.
Participation in Meetings
The Board is committed to assisting shareholders participation in meetings and has adopted the following measures:
- adoption of the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s recommendation and guidelines as published in the Council’s Principles of Good Governance and Best Practice Recommendations in respect of notices of meetings; and
- ensuring that a representative of the Company’s external auditor, subject to availability, is present at all annual general meetings and that shareholders have adequate opportunity to ask questions of the auditor at that meeting concerning the audit and preparation and content of the auditor’s report.
AMA Group Limited Corporate Governance Introduction
Functions and Responsibilites of the Board and Management
Composition of the Board, Director Selection, Board Committees, and Independent Professional Advice
Codes of Conduct and Share Trading Policy
Financial Reporting and Audit Committee
Requirements of the ASX
Communications Strategy and Participation in Meetings
Risk Oversight and Management Policy
Evaluating the Board
Remuneration Policy, Objectives, Structure and Committee
The Company’s Obligations